Miracle weedkiller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have block paving on the drive of my house. It's been down about 3 years and has weeds starting to grow through. I've tried a few weedkillers but they don't seem to do much.
My neighbour has been spraying his drive over the past few weeks and his is now almost clear. I could go along and ask what he's using but I CAN'T STAND this bloke.
He is using a clear 'drum' like container with a moulded handle at the top and it has a short hose and spray coming off it. There's some green lettering on the side, and I think it's trigger controlled.
Does this description ring any bells? If not, has anyone any suggestions for something a bit stronger? I know it's a silly situation, but really you don't know this bloke. Or perhaps you do...

Sponsored Links
sounds like
5010646009812_H_1_l.jpg
it fits your description to a T

question is what is inside it, i bet its just a general weedkiller

Have you tried Pathclear? That should be ideal for paved areas, don't use it on the garden or near to a bed, it'll kill everything there too!

Alternatively, anything with gysoplate (or something that sounds like that)

Sponsored Links
Dragonrider said:
Have you tried Pathclear? That should be ideal for paved areas, don't use it on the garden or near to a bed, it'll kill everything there too!

Alternatively, anything with gysoplate (or something that sounds like that)
Glyphosate is a systemic weedkiller that travels from the leaves to the roots but is neutralised on contact with the ground.
Pathclear is a simazine weedkiller that is used for paths because it doesn't leach sideways and stops seeds from germinating for 6 months.

For weeds in a garden I would use glyphosate (tumbleweed) but for a drive or path it's pathclear everytime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back