Missing child

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I be the only one who thinks that this is becoming more of an exercise to canonize the parents than find the child ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Persimmon ... I hope you ARE alone with that kind of thinking.
The unfortunate parents have done a brilliant job of keeping this awful crime in the publics eye .... even the word eye means something now ... yes??
It's about time people stopped throwing bricks at the victim and saved them for the criminal.
PS ... I know without asking that you are NOT a parent.

I thought it was the child who was the victim here. And yes, I am a parent.

Child AND parents are victims as are relatives and friends.
Surprised you ARE a parent with such comments.

Sponsored Links
oodatdeer said:
Child AND parents are victims as are relatives and friends.
Surprised you ARE a parent with such comments.

Parents???

How can you call these two people parents. Two people that leave three small children ALONE, while they go out for a meal.

THEY ARE CRIMINALS, they broke the law, irresponsible and unfit to have children. They must be punished.
Any other person would have had their other children taken away and put into care.

Think about the poor young missing girl, and not sympathize with these two people that are trying to cover up their actions of parents child neglect.

I agree that it was very wrong to leave the children in the circumstances that they were left.

I guess at times we have all done things that we shouldnt have done with our children that could potentially have had the same outcome..
even just leaving a child asleep in the car whilst going into the shop.

parents dont always strap their children into cars seats or any seatbelt, potentially a death sentence but the parents doing it dont think, well I think ill dice with my childs life when they do it. they think it will be ok...

no one would ever predict such an horrendous outcome.

my first concern leaving them would have been , what if there was a fire, or if one of them choked or something and their siblings couldnt find a grown up.
It would not have been that someone might pinch them.

Those poor people will live that thought haunting them forever.
They havent ever seemed to deny having left her, which must have been a difficult thing to do, knowing it may see them vilified.

There is always a lot of behind the scenes advice and strategies on all levels, in cases like this and it is all based around the child, not the parents.

I for one do not wish to start a campaign against them, for that can only be detremental to maddys safe return.

I want to support them and help show to whoever knows about maddy, that maddy is desperately loved by her family and she needs to be with back with her own family.

I lost one of my boys for two hours once, my own fault, out in the group with lots of kids running round, all safe with our respective friends, at a place called whinlatter, which is centre in the lakes, with various wooded walks through various fells.
I thought he was in front with others, as our kids were all running between the various parents at various stages on the walks.

He had ran off to hide and got lost, then was found by parents further on.

there were no phone signals to check updates from the others in a vast expanse of wooded land, yet quite busy with people.

I think without a doubt, that was the worst ever time of my life.
Had someone said to me during that time, 'its your own fault', it would have been simply cruel.

toffee said:
I lost one of my boys for two hours once, my own fault, out in the group with lots of kids running round, all safe with our respective friends, at a place called whinlatter, which is centre in the lakes, with various wooded walks through various fells.
I thought he was in front with others, as our kids were all running between the various parents at various stages on the walks.

He had ran off to hide and got lost, then was found by parents further on.

there were no phone signals to check updates from the others in a vast expanse of wooded land, yet quite busy with people.

I think without a doubt, that was the worst ever time of my life.
Had someone said to me during that time, 'its your own fault', it would have been simply cruel.
Good post toffee, your post above happens to lot of parents. I think the difference is the parents of maddys was that they are both professional doctors and left all 3 children alone in the apartment and from what I understand it wasn't even locked according to the media but having says that we don't know. I'm no way looking for blame but don't understand why they left them alone. I'm not over protected but I still worry for my 2 boys and they are 18 & 20 yrs!

When they were young I wouldn't even leave them in the car for shopping because they are more important than the shopping. I've seen it many time on the petrol forecourt, the child in the car and the keys in the ignition!

The important thing for now is maddys return to her parents, they must be going through hell, their life will never be the same :cry:

Good points made by toffee and masona.

And we know that the parents of Maddie are re-living every moment of that night.
Yes, we know if it had have happened to a single mum on hols with her latest squeeze she would have been slaughtered by the press, but how many of us have had a BBQ and left our kids upstairs in the bedroom, we have left the side gate opened for our friends to come in, and just perhaps some chancer came in.

Look at the case about 18 months ago, when a mother up north was going about her business bathing her child, left her child in the bath, and some chancer crept in, and took her daughter and assaulted her, was she a bad mother??

I do believe that the person or persons who took maddie was waiting for the right moment,they had earmarked her, and would have taken her anyway.

All I care about is that she is returned to her family,admittidly she will be damaged, but she is young enough, and hopefuly she will get the help to overcome this.

As a mother, my thoughts are with the family

Not something I would do....leave my kids and go for a meal....but Im sure we've all seeen worse examples of parenting and they get away with it.The fact is parents are fallable and make mistakes.Look at that Belgian lady last week who just forgot about her kid sitting in the back of her car and he died. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=458063&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

The parents can do 2 things.Go and sit in a dark room wracked with guilt and blame each other.....or get out there and do everythging and anything they can to increase the chances of seeing their child alive.I dont think theyve got time to think of their egos.

No rocks thrown at criminal yet ?? ... how strange ???
Seems most people think if you turn around for a moment and your child is snatched it's YOUR fault and NOT the backstud that did it .... how strange ???

Rome, Germany Holland followed by Morocco and northern Africa whats the next stop off for the parents, Hollywood :?: :rolleyes: Like everyone else I feel so sad for the little girl but visiting all these countries IMO will not help one jot finding her

its so complex isnt it?

Richardp, so would I do anything to find my child.

Its hard achieving the balance with publicity and everyone has different personal opinions.

Media needs to encourage, not turn off the public.
(its not the same but look how the investigation into the ripper murders was hampered by people not being so interested because the victims were mainly prostitutes)

If the couple are portrayed wrongly by the media then it could hinder public support.

They will be being scrutinised every waking minute.
We all know that some of us may even have considered that they may been responsible , as in played a part in, her disappearance, themselves.

Public appeals sort of lost the desired effect because so often we would find out that the seemingly distraught parent on a tv appeal, later admits killing the very child they so publicly appealed for information about.

Its very difficult and I can see how their actions have resulted in negative opinions about them and their motives.

However, until Im proved wrong then I will support them.

I would walk every mile of this earth until my feet bled and then do it all again to find my children.

Whatever Madelaines plight... Madelaine has her own her family and they need her back.

Madelaine too, whatever her plight, deserves to have her loved ones told about her, whatever the news.

poshman said:
Rome, Germany Holland followed by Morocco and northern Africa whats the next stop off for the parents, Hollywood :?: :rolleyes: Like everyone else I feel so sad for the little girl but visiting all these countries IMO will not help one jot finding her

so what about the one holiday maker that was there and may have seen something vital but didnt come forward because they've missed some of the publicity in their country or thinks what they saw was insignificant?

Look at the girl that was found in austria after being abducted eight years ago. one of the neighbours saw something and thought it was a bit odd but never came forward. Might have saved her.

the biggest help they and the police have is publicity and since its a holiday resort they need to do as much as possible. I worked on the sarah payne case when i was in the police. We had one witness who had been on holiday for 3 weeks who came back to the publicity that was being driven by the police and the parents. that lead to her shoe being found which had his dna on it and helped to show the route he took. that was worthwhile.

Sponsored Links
Back