Mixed hot and cold rads and sounds like air in heat coil?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Vaillant Ecomax with megaflow. Hot water works fine but during the recent cold snap want to crank the heating up only to find a mix and match of radiators giving out heat. I did recently top the pressure up in the system and bled it. Find all top floor working well most of the middle floor and some on the ground floor only. As I have been observing this over the past four days I noticed that the hall radiator last night was hot and had not been for the previous days and others cool that had been warm (not hot). I have taken the cover off the boiler to listen to the noises coming from the pump and believe the sounds are coming from the heater unit. After letting the system cool and the start up the noise was quite extreme - surging and gurgling. Once running have the normal roar with regular surging noises of different pitch. Are the issues inter linked and easily remedied. Have checked the radiators for air again but none yielding. All radiators bar two have stats.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back