Mixer shower temperature control cooler over time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just moved into a house with a bar-type mixer shower fed by a newish (2011) combi boiler.

When we tested the shower a couple of weeks before we moved in the water temp at the 38C limiter was fine. When we moved in last week the water temp at 38C was chilly, but turning the temperature control past the limiter towards 50C gave reasonably warm water (but nowhere near as hot as the water from just the hot tap).

This weekend I took the knob off the temp control side and gave it a couple of quarter turns anti-clockwise and then reseated the knob, this gave a couple of days where 38C was a nice hot shower.

Then this morning it was noticeably cooler at 38C, and we have to override again to get the water up to temperature. The hot water from the bathroom and kitchen taps is still very hot, and the hot water inlet pipe on the bar shower also feels very warm.

Wasn't sure whether these showers can "reset" the temperature or whether I should keep adjusting it (there is presumably a point where I won't be able to make any further adjustments?).

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Is it a case of a new cartridge?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back