mixer showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 100 litre hot water cylinder and a 25 gallon cold tank and have bought 2 mixer showers to install in seperate bathrooms, they will not be used at the same time. I was planning on fitting a single impeller pump and an equalising valve so i could use the hot cylinder off a surrey flange and cold from mains rather than the cold tank. Would that work and if i purchased a low powered pump, any ideas of possible showering time? Worried the cylinder isn't big enough..

It's heated from a heat only boiler.

Sponsored Links
the cylinders ok
but running a single pump on hot and mains pressure with a equalising valve.

easyer to run its own feed from a 50 gal cws tank and a twin pump.

Ordinarily i'd agree but there is no space for a 50 gallon. The hatch is one side, roof at the top and the central heating tanks are the other. Major work involved and questionable joist strength.

Any ideas on rough showering time and if the equalising valve idea will work?

Sponsored Links
hello mate running the cold mains fed not a problem running the impeller pump of the tank not a problem but you will be restricted to the time around 10-15 minutes max i should think have done this a few times and had customers complaining after but i did tell them first

it will work but not for long (timewise)

restricted to the time around 10-15 minutes max i should think have done this a few times and had customers complaining after but i did tell them first

it will work but not for long (timewise)

then you shouldn't of installed a pump running from a 25gal tank and suppling a cylinder.
you did tell them? so why do it then if its wrong, your their to advice.

should of been on a 50 gal tank min.

then you shouldn't of installed a pump running from a 25gal tank and suppling a cylinder.
you did tell them? so why do it then if its wrong, your their to advice.

should of been on a 50 gal tank min.[/quote]

If the tank is a 25 and they wanted the pump fitted then that is their decision you cant completely change your whole house just for 1 thing sometimes you have to work with what there is, (like this guy is saying) he dont want to get into the relms of a bigger tank so he has to work with what he has.

If the tank is a 25 and they wanted the pump fitted then that is their decision you cant completely change your whole house just for 1 thing sometimes you have to work with what there is

so that means we'll break the water regs just cause we're lazy to link another tank.

, (like this guy is saying) he dont want to get into the relms of a bigger tank so he has to work with what he has.

all comes down to wanting the best but don't want to pay for it.
so we'll bend the rules and it won't matter.

people call in the pro's to do a proper job and advice them what can be done and what can't.
not just chuck it in and cross your fingers that all works and no one will know attitude.

stupid.gif

you obviously don't follow water regs thats for sure.
thats if anyones got them.

i don't care what people have but least do it legal

Well the reason for wanting to use mains cold with an equaliser is due to tank size. I believe the pump will drain the tank fast. Maybe it is a better idea to link another 25gallon matching tank in. And put an overflow and a feed to the pump from there.

is it ok to leave the hot water cylinder cold feed where it is or move it?

Open to any ideas?

two 25gal tanks
linked together by 28mm pipe.
ballvalve on one tank
outlets on other tank.
cold feeds lower than cylinder feed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back