Mixer Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a mixer tap in the bathroom but am concerned about hot and cold water pressures.
I have a combi boiler and the hot water pressure is slightly lower than the cold. Mains pressure is about 3 bar.
Will I be better of installing a kitchen ‘mixer’ as I understand these have separate hot and cold outlets within the spout?
Are all kitchen mixers of this design as there appears to be a huge range in price?

Sponsored Links
stick with a bathroom mixer.
it will be ok they are both supplied off the mains.
kitchen mixer in the bathroom will look stupid.

Thanks very much for the advice. I should have explained that the bathroom basin will be the free standing type. I will therefore need a tall 'kitchen type' tap mounted on the supporting surface. A kitchen type tap should not look that much out of place.

I would compare both flowrates, if neccessary restrict the higher with a valve.

I think the kitchen sink tap you plan might not look great, would it be possible to fit wall mounted controls with spout coming from the wall ?.

Al

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure that I understand why you guys are so concerned about the appearance of a kitchen mixer in this situation. I'm thinking of fitting a Bristan Chill Monobloc Sink Mixer which seems very much like the bathroom version i.e. the Bristan Chill Tall Basin Mixer and is a bit cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back