Mmmm..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Asked the missus if she'd pick me up a jar of Marmite, but only a small jar this time. I told her that as I'm the only one that eats it and I only eat it in the run up to Christmas, a large jar last me ages. I cleaned out the last of the old jar this morning.....

Sponsored Links
‘Best before' so you're okay. Wait till you taste the new one, you might notice a difference!

‘Best before' so you're okay. Wait till you taste the new one, you might notice a difference!
I'm not precious about (certain) dates on food packaging. I've got a big hooter and a keen sense of smell. There's about a year's worth of use until the 'best before comes into play with Marmite, so that jar was likely bought in 2017. I actually ate one slice with old the other with the new. I just thought the subtle difference was the age...?

I just thought the subtle difference was the age...?
Practically vintage!

Not food related but I have a jar of Back & White 'pomade' that has a 'use by' suggestion of 18 months once opened. I don’t know exactly how long I have had it but I do remember getting it delivered to a place that I worked because I remember my office lady saying she liked the smell so she bought some for her husband. I left that place in 2010. If I continue to use it at my present rate, I still have 2 or 3 years left in the jar!

Sponsored Links
Asked the missus if she'd pick me up a jar of Marmite, but only a small jar this time. I told her that as I'm the only one that eats it and I only eat it in the run up to Christmas, a large jar last me ages. I cleaned out the last of the old jar this morning.....

I wonder why it says "do not refrigerate."

I do with mine.

Sponsored Links
Back