Mobile Choice For Elderly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PAYG budget is max £150, but less would be better. Spec is for a 5" or bigger screen.

Samsung J3 - 5" - £115

Moto G4 - 5.5"- £150

Moto G4 Play - 5"- £110

HTC Desire 530 - 5"- £100

Sony E5 - 5"- £120

Huawei Y6 II Compact - 5"- £85

To be used as a phone and also for Skyping, using WiFi.

Instinct is to go with the Moto G4 as it is the best specced and will have best chance of Android updates.

At the other end of the scales, the Y6 is great for the money, but is stuck with Lollipop.

Both the Sammy and the Y6 have a "simple UI" setting to make things a bit easier, but obviously there are loads of launchers available.

Would prefer 16GB as I think 8GB machines can get laggy. I don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'pennyworth of tar.

Which would you choose??

Sponsored Links
I used two from Aldi very simple, big red button can be programmed to call a number or send text message with single press. Big buttons so easy to use. And cheap.

However for father-in-law we selected a phone which we could use Life 360 so we could find him. Seemed good idea at the time, however too complex for him to use, battery does not last long, and in hospitals the metal framed building stops it working anyway. So although spec wise seemed better than simple phone, in real terms useless.

Sponsored Links
Back