Mobile down cavity

N

namsag

Two mates working in a house being renovated. No window sills ,phone sitting on ledge gets nudged and falls straight down cavity.
Phone it up listen for ring chop through wall downstairs and get it first time.

Sponsored Links
i had the same problem with a stud wall :oops:

ended up measureing the distance cutting a hole, fitting a double plank plate... all worked out well :D

It would be quite funny to leave it and phone it a few days later to drive soemone else mad!

Same but different scenario. The plumber was telling me that the Council were renovating this house. The renovations were all done and the tenant had been back in for a few days.

She kept hearing this beeping noise and it was driving her mad. Workman came back and checked the carbon monoxide detector, smoke alarms, etc. He stood and listened and said it sounded like a smoke alarm with a dead battery - beeping a warning for a new battery. He was downstairs but it sounded like it was coming from upstairs.

He went upstairs to listen for it and it sounded like it was coming from downstairs.

Do you know where I'm going here?

Eventually sussed out that somebody had kicked the old battery operated smoke alarm down the floorboards so it was between the floor upstairs and the ceiling downstairs........

Dunno how they sorted it though.

Sponsored Links
Had an old lady say her heating was making a horrendous racket at 5 in morning and driving her nuts. Heating was not even set to be on at this time. Done eveything to try and get it to be noisy not a peep.
Next day back out noise still there same time etc , looked about knew it was not heating and there it was an old teas maid that had been used as a clock been set to alarm.
Wont mention the woman who complaned about a noisey pump but had left vibro on buzzin about the drawer. :oops: :oops:

When i finished fitting my decking last year ( 50sq meters of it ) i went in the house to get myself a well deserved beer and on my way back out i could hear my phone ringing. It stopped just a couple of seconds after me getting back out side. I looked around and could not find it. I knew it must be under the decking but where? At the time i did not have a house phone or any other phone to ring it. So i sat and waited for someone to phone me! A couple of hours past and i was getting a bit drunk sat there waiting for someone to phone me. So decided to start taken the decking back up. Started in the middle and took up random planks while trying to look underneath. Another couple of hours past and the Mrs arrived home from work. Got her to ring my phone and guess what? It was on a ledge of concrete at the end of the last plank i had put down! I didn't have to lift any planks up after all! :oops:

Not a mobile but i've had a similar experence. Added a wooden panel around the edge of a bath, stopped halfway through for a cup of tea, then came back to it. Half an hour later the hunt for the cat begins. You can guess where it was. :rolleyes:

I had a little battery-operated digital alarm clock with bleeper.

it fell down where the taps for the bath came up from the floor. Bath was on top.

Not too bad when it went off at 7am but annoying when the clocks changed and it went off at 6.

the battery lasted a couple of years and was still working when I sold the house :LOL:

cat went through a small gap in a floorboard into the small roof over a bay window. she was crying and couldn't seem to find her way out. I poked a lamp through the gap and out she came.

I remember when we were having our extention built our cat liked to go under the downstairs floor (there is about half a meter of clearance down there, less in some places because of pipework. Thats plenty of space for a cat, just about enough space for a person). Just had to make sure it didn't get shut down there.

Pulling in cable between two five foot deep pits,

Mates mobile fell out his coat into 12 inches of water

Two of us had to hold one leg each and lower him head first enough to reach him.

Took battery out he left it couple days, and it still works though

f*ckin cats are a nightmare.

i have even taken one of the customers mangy arsed cats 20 miles back home with me.

:LOL:

it had fell asleep on my dust sheets in the back of the van, it went berserk when i tried to get it out :evil:

nothing like havin a bit of pussy in the back of your van :eek: :eek: :D sorry couldn't resist!

Knew a brickie who closed up a gable end only for the customer to return from holiday to hear the cat crying faintly from inside.

Apparantly it had been in there about a week, and when I asked the brickie if he had heard the cat, he replied "it shot in the void and i couldn't coax it back out so I figured it would be silent by the time they got back" :eek:

Went back for day two of a job and client tells me that her son is not very happy with me. I'm thinking maybe I moved his favourite toy or something..

No she says, we were out all night looking for the cat and thought it had been run over.

Turns out they find it at 4 in the morning after hearing it meowing under the floorboards! Oops

SB

In my defence, they never told me they had a cat and there was no evidence of one - honest!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back