model engineering

Sponsored Links
It would depend on what you consider as model engineering and I have often built models to work out if it is worth building a full size unit. Even to see how things fit can a fork lift really work in that space.

As a hobby what you must remember is 3 multimillionaires where bankrupted or nearly bankrupted trying to run the full size railway engine the flying Scotsman and the only way people can see these engines running today is to see a model of the real thing.

I remember engines picking up water but the trough no longer exists so even though the Tornado may take the route of the old steam trains it can't emulate them as it can't pick up water as it travels.

There is only one item they have failed to miniaturise can you guess what it is.

Your manhood, as it's already as small as physically possible?

engineering means to make
model in this context means a "model off "means a likeness
it can be any size you like often a scale model where you scale down to get the full item in a smaller area
the amount off detail and accuracy depends on the purpose off the model
it will have to be highly accurate if its to be copied up to full size
it can be a working likeness where accuracy can be swopped for using ready made components to get a good likeness
it can also be a caricature type model similar to thomas the tank where visual hints are fine

Sponsored Links
When I worked for Mobil Oil refinery, they always use a scaled down model for any new unit, they made a model called the FCC unit which was 25' x 38' cost over £250,000 to make in the late 1970's because it's was easier to see what pipes goes where, under or over rather than the drawing plans, the FCC unit was completed and opened by the Queen mother in 1983

Back