Modena 80E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had this boiler for about 7 yrs the central heat side has always switched itself off now and again and I have had to reset it to get it started again. But over the last couple of years its got really bad and will switch itself off quite frequently and it gets really annoying. I have had a couple of plumbers in to look at and they say its PROBERBLY the board at a cost off between £250-£300 for parts alone if add thier labour costs I seem to be nearly into the cost of a new boiler and thats assuming they come up with no further problems. Has anybody any ideas. If it is just the board I capable of replacing this myself.

Sponsored Links
It seems that you have called "plumbers" on the basis they come free and give you a quote! That always results in stupid prices and they usually want to fit a new boiler.

Your boiler is quite repairable but not one of the most reliable.

Before replacing the PCB the fan/ventrui/APS should be checked but thats a job for a CORGI.

The PCbs are not that expensive, probably about £100 ! But if yuo can solder PCBs its worth checking for dry joints and if you find any resoldering them.

We only charge £84 to diagnose the fault in our local area then the list price of the spare part.

Tony Glazier

As far as I know Tony the fan, aps or venturi would not cause a lock out, it just sits in position.
LED 2 on (red) = failed to ignite or overheating.
At 7 years old do not go near venturi, it will disintigrate with the focus of your vision, in fact even thinking about it may have caused it to disintigrate, oops!

The PCbs are not that expensive, probably about £100 !

MF02 pcbs are over £260

I think its that one but if not it will be the MF03 which is still over £200

That was at europeanspares.com and those are typical retail prices exc vat

Sponsored Links
As far as I know Tony the fan, aps or venturi would not cause a lock out, it just sits in position.
LED 2 on (red) = failed to ignite or overheating.

Dont you think thats what the OP meant when he said its switched off?

Tony

You can pick up brand new pcb's for around £60 on ebay. Pay for an engineer to install it for around £50.

Genuine MF03 about £160 trade. Can be a PITA to set up though. Not a diy job.

He said he had to reset it.....not the same as switched off Tony..........it has to lock out first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back