Modern boilers - different type of Gas Valve?

Sorry mate, but I dissagree. There are thousands of installers out there who don't use FGA's, I only got one when I started to do oil for the company. I think you would be suprised :eek:

Sponsored Links
My assessment of the number who own FGAs is based on my experience of those installations I see and those installers I speak to.

If you want I will do some research on the G-S register based on the number having CPA1 or would that be too worrying to those who want to disagree with me?

Presumably those who like to disagree with me will also disagree when I say that less than 15% ever complete the benchmark? Or do they think the installer checks the boiler with the FGA but does not bother to complete the Benchmark?

How on earth do you install a new combi in less than one day and still have time to check with an FGA and complete the Benchmark?

Tony

Holding CPA1 and knowing how to interpret results from a FGA are poles apart!!! i've been setting up combustion appliances upto 6MW since being an apprentice in 1975 oh yes I'm taking my CPA1 on Wednesday, not because I want to find out how to use a FGA, it's because the Beaurocrats and Gas Safe insist KERCHING!!! :cry:

What is so hard about a combi to combi change in day. Done properly,we are not all over 55 like yourself and come in to this industry to tinker around with boilers

It is the wealth of experience and installation over the years which helps to cut the time down ,not cutting corners,just because you cant do it does not mean no one else can,i can drive a car very fast but then again i would not say i can compare myself to micheal schumacher!

What has the qualification got to do with anything Tony,this has only come in recently and alot of the guys have until 2012 to get the relevant piece of paper,this was pushed onto us as yet another expense by the makers of these damn things ,you only did it because you thought if it becomes compulsory it will become dearer,those are your own words,but then it came out as compromise that everyone needs to have it by 2012 ,so the mad rush the centres were expecting did not happen

YOu work on Biasi boilers as their service agent not exactly the top end of the market and most fitted in the area you work in will be by illegals, so yes it is to be expected that the log book will not be filled in,and yet you have been told by Biasi that is not your problem and to go and fix the warranty issue ,so who is to blame the installer or the company you work for?

Sponsored Links
I still think you are wrong tony, and not having CPA1 doesn't mean you don't have a analyser.

Basically you like to put others down to make yourself feel better. Im sure that pretty much eveyone on this forum has met someone like you, but instead of thinking you're odd we should pity you, as its not your fault that you feel need to act this way.

So lets all give tony a break and feed his ego. and remember its not his fault

we to do warranty work for a boiler manufacturer and at least 70% of benchmark forms make no sense at all, and a good proportion filled out with figures from the instruction book ,as for installers with fga's in our area a good proportion own them but never see the light of day.we completed cpa1 last week, exam only,four of my employees took the course we all completed within 3hours because we use them daily,others taking the exam struggled to complete in the time allocated.

Boilerman i totally agree with you,it another scam to rinse the money out of us,if you work out how many engineers there are and all of them have to have the paper then it will add to huge amount many many millions this the reason why it has been pushed upon us,and yet the boiler manufacturers do not ask for it as compulsory

The gas industry as seen as cash cow,then the customer complains ouch thats expensive,not realising how many hoops we have to jump through and how many exams we have to pass just to ply our trade

Then we have Agile who uses this forum to slag off other installers and advertise his 84 quid fix fee

Some of you seem to totally misunderstand what I say and why I say it.

When I tell you how many of the RGIs I come across have an FGA and how many benchmarks I see completed thats based on my experience. I dont think its significantly different across the country.

I calculated that taking CPA1 is costing RGIs a total of £4M and thats just what we have to pay and takes no account of lost earnings!

A sensible discussion on the latest boilers has agains seemed to go off track!

Tony

How come you never told me you were a service agent for biasi u.k , I remember asking you that question ???

When I tell you how many of the RGIs I come across have an FGA and how many benchmarks I see completed thats based on my experience. I dont think its significantly different across the country.

I calculated that taking CPA1 is costing RGIs a total of £4M and thats just what we have to pay and takes no account of lost earnings!

Tony

Don't put down all other RGI's then? YOU took it off topic :rolleyes:

I think it all stems from the relentlless Red tape and needless ACS that bone fide Tradespeople have to deal with, while the illegals carry on regardless under cutting our ever increasing overheads!!
if FGA competency is thast important why not just include it in the existing CEN1 qualification at no extra cost???? :rolleyes:

If they did that the the training industry would lose the £4M charge for assessments.

The ILG, although it has no real function, has a high proportion of people attending from training establishments.

Tony

All of these rules & reg's , including the fga , acs , are thought up by some pencil pusher , who has probably never worked for themselves , & are probably incapable of doing so , they dream up problems in order to justify there job's / wages , never understood the logic of taking a bunch of adults (?) putting them in a room treating them like a bunch of 14 year olds , & getting them to look up the answers to multiple choice questions , proving what ? you can read & write ???? Benchmark log book what does that prove ?????

Tony

We are all more then capable of understanding what waffle you have written,i take it as personal insult when you insult the industry and some very fine workmen who are involved in it at your behest and very frequently like you are the only one who can repair boilers

Like i said before with your bargain basement Biasi boilers,sold in B&Q you will get alot of illegals and thats the industry you are involved in,not indictive of the whole trade

So show some respect to other people and you will get the same

I will not charge you 84 quid for this advice,it is Gratis!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back