Monarch PS11 Water Softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I always come back to this forum for help and have found you guys extremely useful in the past.

About 6 months ago I had a water softener installed outside my kitchen, which I have since boxed and insulated.

In the last week I have noticed that we do not have soft water in the house. I noticed as the salt was not going down in the softener.

I have checked the water supply from the house to the softener and the return, all flow freely.

I have unplugged the unit from the timer, and plugged it directly into the mains using the plug. It doesn't appear to regenerate.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to check next?

With thanks,

Doobs.

Sponsored Links
is there a large plastic wheel, with teeth, under the cover on the top?

post a pic of its control mechanism, and of the timer.

edit
p.s.

6 months? what's the guarantee?

As you can see, it doesn't have a timer on top, its the previous version.

I suspect that no power is going to the regenerator, hence no recycling in the evening. Any idea where I can start to diagnose this.

With reference to the 6 months, this unit was one that my mum and dad didn't want anymore, so I adopted it. It has been working quite normally for months and then has just stopped.

Doobs

Sponsored Links
sorry no idea.

there will be a control mechanism that opens and closes valves in a defined sequence, but I can't see how it works. It is different from mine which is not the same make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back