mono-block nut size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have just purchased a set of mono bloc spanners from a local plumbers . They are two box spanners with four different sizes ,none of them fit my brass not on my taps. When i try the smaller of the sockets one is obviously to big ,(14mm across the flats)and the other is to small)12mm across flats. Their is no size guide on the packet it just says ,fits most small nylon and brass backnuts. Anyone help with what the most likely size could be. Thanks

Sponsored Links
the smaller of the sockets one is obviously to big ,(14mm across the flats)and the other is to small)12mm across flats. ...Anyone help with what the most likely size could be

13mm :idea:

Or maybe 1/2 inch, (12.7mm which will work with a 13mm socket)

Ratchet spanners work quite well (the kind with the hinged end)

Well, if 12mm A/F is too small, and 14mm A/F is too big, then there's a pretty good chance it's going to be either 13mm or 1/2" A/F. (1/2"~12.7mm).

It's usually possible to shift a 1/2" nut with a 13mm spanner, but not t'other way round (unless you want to hammer the spanner onto the nut :eek: )

I would be tempted to try folding two or three small bits of sheet metal into 'U' shapes to slip over adjacent flats of the 14mm spanner to pack it out a bit before I went shopping for another spanner.

Thanks for the replies , i have just purchased a larger set that covers 6mm to 15mm , that should cover it. I hope. Looking at it from underneath it is not 13mm looks more like 8mm /10mm will soon find out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back