Monobloc with no water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour asked me to look at her en-suite basin monobloc which has no water flow. It apparantly has worked in the past but there is now zero flow from both hot and cold. Do monoblocs have repairable / replaceable parts? The supply to the monobloc cannot have been turned off as the underside of the basin has been enclosed with no access to the pipework. It appears that an over-zealous DIYer fitted the basin and my neighbour does not seem surprised that it no longer works. Before I go out and buy a new tap and remove the built-in bit under the basin I thought I should seek further help via this forum.

Sponsored Links
if you have the time, you could take it apart (you will have to take it off anyway if fitting a new one). Verify that there is supply to the tails (someone might have turned something off), see if the heads of the taps are operating the spindles or if a clip has come off.

If both hot and cold have failed at the same time is it a ceramic with a joystick? If so it sounds more likely the knob/lever has failed than the innards

You can get new inside bits unless it is some weird make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back