More BS from a

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Government spokesman
A government spokesperson said: "We have tough penalties and rigorous enforcement in place to screen suspected drug drivers at the roadside, and people found guilty of causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drugs can now face a lifetime prison sentence.
What is the point of tough penalties if the courts are unable to use them because of weak sentencing guidelines that see the criminal as a victim.

This druggie POS killed our Sam (mentioned in the BBC article above). He was sentenced to 5 years 7 months and told he will have to serve 30 months in prison.

Sponsored Links
This country has a massive drugs problem. I used to employ some youngish people (early 20s) they all did drugs in their leisure time, but one of them had a brother who had been a regular drug dealer, so I used to hear the stories. It’s really really widespread amongst the younger generation.

Clearly young people are increasingly likely to drink under influence of drugs not alcohol nowadays.

Sadly there’s no chance of it getting sorted out anytime soon:

Massive cuts to the criminal justice system

Privatisation of probation service
Privatisation of increasing number of prisons

The system is broken + it’s a cultural change.
That’s the problem.

Really grim for the innocent victims

Last edited:
Might also ask what is the point of tough penalties if there are no police to enforce them. When I started riding motorcycles then driving over 40 years ago, there were always coppers in cars patrolling around or parked on forecourts or in the end of a road keeping an eye on passing traffic. Don't ever see one now, day or night.

Remember once in mid 80s when I returned to my parked motorcycle at night (a lightweight motorcycle that was then safe parked only using the ignition and factory steering lock as security - now you would need to chain it to a lamp post with a chain thick enough to hold the Ark Royal to have a chance of it still being there when you got back). It was in a brightly lit area, so I pulled away forgetting my lights. I only got 100 yards before a copper pulled me over. Would never happen these days. Must be a drunk/drugged drivers' paradise.

System is down the toilet imo

Put more plod on the street and they arrest more people ?? But the court system cannot cope
Now let alone with more coming into the system

Sponsored Links
A bit of science on the risks of drug driving.

It's long, but in short:

Methamphetamine and Ecstasy are very bad
Cocaine is very bad but might theoretically have a safe dose
Cannabis might be bad but it's a fairly small effect and hard to prove
Morphine - you're good to go

The tests can be hit and miss. Some cannabis tests can give a positive result a week later, at which point there's no active substance left.

Then there's the more complicated question, Cocaine only lasts an hour or two, but you can be knackered afterwards. If you have an accident because you're hung over does that count as DUI (alcohol or other drugs)?

I’ve mentioned before that when I am coming home from work on the A13 on my bike and filtering past slow moving traffic in weather warm enough for people to have their car windows open, the smell of cannabis coming from cars is rife. Why a copper can’t do the same and nick the bastards is beyond me.

This druggie POS killed our Sam (mentioned in the BBC article above). He was sentenced to 5 years 7 months and told he will have to serve 30 months in prison
Just simply awful for your family.

Made even worse by delays almost 10 months before even appearing before a magistrates court and almost 6 more months before sentencing, unimaginable the guy was allowed to be free and continue driving all that time.

I’ve mentioned before that when I am coming home from work on the A13 on my bike and filtering past slow moving traffic in weather warm enough for people to have their car windows open, the smell of cannabis coming from cars is rife. Why a copper can’t do the same and nick the bastards is beyond me.
So you keep saying. How does the odour make it's way through your skid-lid, i wonder?:unsure:

Government spokesman

What is the point of tough penalties if the courts are unable to use them because of weak sentencing guidelines that see the criminal as a victim.

This druggie POS killed our Sam (mentioned in the BBC article above). He was sentenced to 5 years 7 months and told he will have to serve 30 months in prison.
Scum.

So you keep saying. How does the odour make it's way through your skid-lid, i wonder?:unsure:
I assume it’s when I suck air in to breathe and keep alive. I think I’d die if I couldn’t get any air into my body - helmet makers are clever offering options like that.

I assume it’s when I suck air in to breathe and keep alive. I think I’d die if I couldn’t get any air into my body - helmet makers are clever offering options like that.
lol - okay.
Maybe a filter would help you survive this ordeal of driving through toxic clouds of smoke?

Sponsored Links
Back