More 'leccy oven questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry in advance.
Please dumb any replies down as far as possible without being too simple.
I'll soon be in the process of fitting a new kitchen, ATM we has a slot in dual fuel cooker. This is going to be replaced with a built in gas hob and two of these
http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/our-products/cooking/ovens/ovens-range/HBA13B150B.html
The first question is will I need two separate cables run from the consumer unit or will the 32A 6mm that is in place do the job?
I'll give you a bit of background, consumer unit to kitchen is in the region of 13 meters. But those ovens are(looking at tech spec) 16A each at 2900w. There is a very real possibility of both being used together.

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind that much electrical work in kitchens is notifiable. If you are only replacing accessories or built in appliances then that's OK, but if you start adding new items (new sockets, new lights, new switches, new cables, new circuits etc) then you either need Building Regulations approval before you start or you need to have the work done by a registered electrician.

I was kinda hoping to get away without having to run new cables, just I just need a 'leccytrition for final connection and a cert.
Is that right or have I misunderstood?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back