More real engineering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like he'd bite your head off, actually a nice sort of bloke - Nice to hear someone not relying on childish swearing.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Abom79/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0

I guess the writing is on the wall for mainstream TV, Plenty of people making quite decent little movies, sharing their interests and interesting projects.

You tube is evolving.

-0-

Sponsored Links
Yes a lot more interesting than some of the carp on TV.

Mainstream media has completely lost it's way for many reasons. One of many reasons not to bother with a tv licence or paying for a package tv subscription.. things change and I welcome change.

When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, there always seemed to be lots of quality drama, comedy, etc, etc on the TV. There were lots of big names who were real pros, one example would be The Two Ronnies, but their were dozens of actors comedians and other entertainers who were worth watching. Most worked their way up from stage, music hall, clubs, etc.

In fact, back then, we were glad when the VCR came out, as there were often several good programmes on at once on prime-time. So you had to watch one whilst recording another. And all with only 3 or 4 channels.

Contrast that today when the sound and picture quality of TV has never been better, but the programme quality is the pits. Hundreds of channels of repeated, cheap, often American dross. I doubt if there are 3 or 4 programmes I would make the effort to watch in a week now. In a way it's a good thing, as TV was a great time waster. Now I can use the time spouting nonsense on here and annoying the lefty members. Definitely wouldn't need a VCR these days, as there are rarely two programmes worth watching on the same day, let alone at the same time. Glad I had the golden era of TV (and music), and got to enjoy the talent and professionalism of those who made this quality TV. They are rapidly falling off their perches and not being replaced.

Sponsored Links
There is only so much 'mainstream' quality, the more providers, the thinner it is spread.
Niche stuff will be taken over by the vloggers - everyday blokes and lasses are learning and producing their own videos.

Just look at the following for this guy - Roman Atwood - Smile More ! 9.5 million subscribers !

His dad's birthday surprise, dream car ! - 6.8 million views.

He has made quite the fortune over a few years- all the toys - GTR which out drags the Z06 on a 1/8 mile strip - in another vlog.
No wonder he seems so happy - kids are involved plus little or no foul language.

-0-

Can't agree more Woodbine. Recently I endured watching a few minutes of a modern remade version of Are You Being Served. About as funny as rabies in a dogs home. Then there was 'an energetic, exciting new comedy' (quote: BBC) called Fleabag which was on the other week, at which I couldn't reach for the remote quick enough to turn it over.
The Two Ronnies was inspired comedy. Mostly fantastic scripts. I reserve judgement at the bit where the bespectacled dwarf did his storytelling in the armchair though. RIP comic genius Ronnie Barker. I still laugh at episodes of Porridge. Corbett is still going strong unfortunately. I keep sticking the pins in the doll but he's still here......

Sponsored Links
Back