Moss on Tarmac (Footpath outside the home)

Dare I ask...what is the point of removing the moss?
As others have said, just to make the footpath look nice, hopefully less slippy for ourselves and the neighbours, I just like to take a bit of care of things if I am able to do so.

Sponsored Links
If you saw the Ivy growing over our brick walls from the neighbour then you might change your mind!
Maybe. I've got an ugly concrete fence that I've encouraged ivy over, can barely see the fence any more. Result.

As others have said, just to make the footpath look nice, hopefully less slippy for ourselves and the neighbours, I just like to take a bit of care of things if I am able to do so.
Preventing a slip hazard makes sense I suppose. I think I prefer the look of moss to tarmac though.

50020 if you use chemicals on the public pathway outside and leave them on then you need to be blocking off access to prevent people with dogs etc. walking over it during that time.
Animals will lick their paws and the chemicals do nasty things to them so perhaps it's best to just use a pressure washer with no chemicals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back