Most annoying ad on TV

The BBC adverts for their upcoming programs annoy me, They repeat them and repeat them and repeat them and repeat them and repeat them and repeat them and repeat them and repeat them and

Sponsored Links
The BBC need the pretend breaks in their programmes so they use them for advertising on other freeview channels and abroad .
but we are still brainwashed they need money from the TV licence .

but we are still brainwashed they need money from the TV licence .
Please remember you pay directly for the beeb whereas you pay indirectly via buying the goods advertised for the other channels, or in the case of Sky and imitators directly by subscription and indirectly via adverts.
How much more does that cost?

Last edited:
It is the same with BBC , one is paying indirectly for their products that are on Freeview Channels , BBC own a Third of our Freeview channels , they run BBC America , Canada , Australia and sell their programmes World Wide , without requiring those Countries having to pay licence fees , why should we subsise those countries with our Licence payments .
The BBC licencing is a money making con , they have recently published details about how much money their top line presenters receive but omit certain others , ie Clarkson , Attenbourgh who are paid under a different wing of the BBC and do not have to reveal those figures

Sponsored Links
It is the same with BBC , one is paying indirectly for their products that are on Freeview Channels , BBC own a Third of our Freeview channels , they run BBC America , Canada , Australia and sell their programmes World Wide , without requiring those Countries having to pay licence fees , why should we subsise those countries with our Licence payments .

In general I agree with you and the licence fee is far too much for what we receive, but above you say 'sell their programs...' that goes into the pot, to help reduce the fee we pay and the free channels cost very little to run I would imagine - Just check out some of the low cost channel we have on Freeview, almost anyone can afford to run one.

Please remember you pay directly for the beeb whereas you pay indirectly via buying the goods advertised for the other channels, or in the case of Sky and imitators by subscription and indirectly via adverts.
How much more does that cost?

But don't you have to pay the BBC to be able to subscribe to sky or Netflix?

But the cheapest Sky subscription is £22 per month with adverts; the BBC license fee is £13.25 per month. The non-UK versions of the BBC are funded by adverts.

After living in a couple of countries where the national broadcaster was pretty abysmal I know what I prefer, £13.25 absolute bargain.

But the cheapest Sky subscription is £22 per month with adverts; the BBC license fee is £13.25 per month. The non-UK versions of the BBC are funded by adverts.
Why do we have to pay £13.25 licence fee per month to receive an eight hour BBC rolling news broadcast everyday from Hong Kong , whereas other countries get the same free ?

^as above ^ i skip ads wherever possible but the damned advert for Vodaphone is also on the radio. Her voice drives me up the fekkin' wall and there's no way to turn it off til it's done!!

Sponsored Links
Back