Most Awe Inspiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best/ worst (depending on ya point of view) statement you have heard a so-called, qualified spark, make recently?

Mine was when a colleague asked me:

"Why can't I wire this circuit in red and black? What do you mean harmonised colours?"

The next best I heard (but this was from an apprentice) was:

(In the Shipyard) "I'm not allowed to wire sockets in the boat-houses, but Harry is, cause he's just got his Part-P."

Sponsored Links
"I've replaced the fusewire and it still doesn't work. Must be a loose connection in the fusebox..."

A (so-called) qualified colleague who fitted a fusewire which snapped....

Nice one.

Another fav, was a few years back, when I worked at a local RN training base. A chap who was going round doing PAT, was asked,

"I don't understand why you have to do that earth test thing?"

His reply, "Neither do I. None of the countries in Europe has an earth system, and nobody there ever dies from electric shock."

heh, thats my argument in support of sockets in the bathroom (along with Ireland and malta, we are one of the only countries that doesn't have them...)

Sponsored Links
I wired it in and it works so it is OK then, why test it? agghh

Two Norweb blokes moving cut out to basement for a shop refurb.
Broke into incomming armoured cable and declared "Oh two reds and a black, I`ll join the reds then you can have more current" His mate stopped him before I ran and then found each red to black was 240 and two reds was 415, yes it was a 2 phase supply

from the voltages you give it sounds like 2 phases from a 3 phase system not a true 2 phase system.

Yes sorry I didn`t explain it was in fact as you say two phases of three phase system

My main concern was joining two reds.
I didn`t know whether to laugh, dry or ru n like the clappers till his mate stopped him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back