Bathroom Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a question earlier about installing some underfloor heating, down lights and an extractor fan in a mates bathroom. Again, I know what I am doing but am not a qualified spark and therefore part P regs are a problem. However, I have kept some old colored wiring i.e red & black. If i were to go ahead and do the job without having it certified by a competant spark or notifying the building control people, is there any way that it could come back on me. In other words, how else could the authorities determine that the job had been carried out post part P regs. Hope this make sense.

Sponsored Links
Your post has been sent to the part P police and they will be watching you from now on.
No one on this forum is going to give you advice on how to cheat the regulations. Do you think the reg are there just to annoy you?

austin1 said:
I posted a question earlier about installing some underfloor heating, down lights and an extractor fan in a mates bathroom. Again, I know what I am doing but am not a qualified spark and therefore part P regs are a problem. However, I have kept some old colored wiring i.e red & black. If i were to go ahead and do the job without having it certified by a competant spark or notifying the building control people, is there any way that it could come back on me. In other words, how else could the authorities determine that the job had been carried out post part P regs. Hope this make sense.

if someone told them, and some products have date codes on them.

Qedelec said:
Do you think the reg are there just to annoy you?

No, they are there to rip more money out of us

Sponsored Links
Qedelec said:
Your post has been sent to the part P police and they will be watching you from now on.
No one on this forum is going to give you advice on how to cheat the regulations. Do you think the reg are there just to annoy you?

Give your local building control a ring for advice - you'll be surprised how uninterested they are and how little they actually know. Mention part P and most have heard of it but have no idea about the specifics - I do. I look forward to meeting the part P police, and finally, your end quotes don't make much sense - they are a bit odd really.

punchjoshua said:
They could find out when it all catches fire?

I appreciate what you are saying, but I know this level of work inside out, including post installation testing etc. If I were to go ahead and do the job I know it would be as good and safe as that from a qualified spark - probably better than most.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back