Most economical way to heat a house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be detrimental to economy (or anything else) to set the flow at say, 40C, and let it run, or set the flow at, say, 80C and again let it run ? House is at about 10C at the moment, and thermostat at 15C. If we assume that the weather stays the same in the next few days.

Sponsored Links
Assuming you have a condensing boiler (one less than about 20 years old) then the lower the flow temperature the more efficient the boiler.

Insulation then everything will be cheap.b

Sponsored Links

Most economical way to heat a house​

That was the question.

Keeping yourself warm by wearing warmer clothing is part of the answer

People are spending huge sums of money to try and save money but missing out on some of the easy stuff

It's good advice but it not even part of tye answer.

May advice to everyone is insulation as without it, all thst heat your producing goes straight out the window.
Or out the doors
Or the walls
Or the roof .

Would it be detrimental to economy (or anything else) to set the flow at say, 40C, and let it run, or set the flow at, say, 80C and again let it run ? House is at about 10C at the moment, and thermostat at 15C. If we assume that the weather stays the same in the next few days.
I'm running my flow temp around 42°c. The radiators as only just warm, but I'm keeping it just ticking over.

Have a mix of UFH and radiators.

I take it you are not living in the house, if you are only 10-15°c?

It's good advice but it not even part of tye answer.

May advice to everyone is insulation as without it, all thst heat your producing goes straight out the window.
Or out the doors
Or the walls
Or the roof .

Or the floor

It’s impossible to answer this question without knowing the age of the property and the construction type

Most economical way to heat a house​

That was the question.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your missing the point.... its all about keeping the heat in once you've heated it. Then the heat source switches off until (not using £nergy) the is a demand again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back