Motorcycle Apprenticeships?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Son has been offered a place at our work to do a Motorcycle Apprenticeship which is great.

Problem is I can't find any training provider that will train him up at ours and there isn't any local places available.

I know there are a few people involved in training on here, can anyone provide any pointers?.

Babcocks listed they do remote Motorcycle Apprenticeships but when I enquired they only do them with BMW workshops.

Ideally on line learning with practical assessments would be good but that doesn't seem an option.

I'm a bit amazed really that a School Leaver can basically be offered a job but can't accept it.

I don't mind putting the legwork in for him but a bit stumped at the moment. From what I can see there are only 3 Level 3 Apprenticeship Providers in the UK which can't be right surely?.

Any pointers or comments appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Look up your local colleges and see if they offer motor vehicle NVQ's. Also, get in touch with Awarding bodies - City&Guilds, ABC, Edexcel, RTITB etc and ask which of their accredited centres near you offers apprenticeship training/NVQ's in motorcycles. He should be on a level 3 course which means most assessments are carried out in the workplace. (The hardest part for colleges/centres offering level 3 qualifications is the lack of motorcycle repair shops willing to allow trainees workplaces and for assessors to assess them on the job but you have effectively overcome that problem). What usually happens is that the assessor visits the workplace and assesses them on site or by examining job sheets/invoices etc backed up by a ‘expert witness’ on site - a suitably qualified/experienced Co-worker or manager/supervisor etc. You probably wouldn’t be allowed to be an expert witness for your son though!

Well done to your son Keith. Hope you manage to get the 'college' side sorted.

Sponsored Links
Back