Motorised valve different types? Edited

Brown from the valve to the same connection as all the blue wires.

this part don't make any sense as brown on a diverter valve only becomes live when the hw satisfied.

Sponsored Links
Why are you trying to use a mid-position valve as a diverter?

Mid-position valves are sprung loaded so the HW port is open; the CH port only opens when power is applied to the valve motor. Diverter valves are the other way round. The CH port is kept open by the spring and the HW port opens when power is applied. If you are trying to use a mid-position valve as a diverter, it will need to be installed the "wrong" way round, .i.e port A for HW and port B for CH.

What is the "small Siemens unit" you mentioned? Any part no etc on it?

Siemens unit is a relay that I can only find in America V23008-A1002-A100 240v~

As the motor works when the HW comes on, if I changed the diverter valve round so the ports were opersite to what they are at the moment. What would be the problem?
Is the motor in some way effected by the HW and isn't by the CH?

My logic is. In winter the CH is on more than the HW. So the motor would be working more as it needs to operate to allow hot water to get into the CH system. So in order to reduce the wear and working time of the motor it is better to have it working when the HW is on.
Is that right?

On the valve is says. BOSS BMVP222.
At the moment the HW is on constant on the timer. The theromstat on the side on the hot water tank is switched to 65. The boiler and pump are on. The valve has been opened by the motor, and the flow is to the rads.
The CH is off at the timer and the thermostat on the CH is switched down.

Sponsored Links
On the valve is says. BOSS BMVP222.
At the moment the HW is on constant on the timer. The thermostat on the side on the hot water tank is switched to 65. The boiler and pump are on. The valve has been opened by the motor, and the flow is to the rads.
The CH is off at the timer and the thermostat on the CH is switched down.
You have three choices:

1. Turn the valve round - this will mean draining the system plus the extra cost of inhibitor, about £20. (This assumes that currently Port A is feeding the rads and Port B the HW cylinder.)
2. Re-wire so that the CH thermostat opens the valve.
3. Convert the system to a Y-plan. This will allow you to have HW or CH or HW and CH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back