Mould ? Cause and resolution ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Stripping bedroom and have found a small amount of mould along the top of skirt ??

External wall ?? Checked no water ingress from outside ? plaster has not blown ?

It only runs about an inch above skirt there use to be rads in this bay but they were taken out maybe 4 years ago if I had just taken them out I wold say it was due to condensation from them !

Seems to only be surface growth - was going to hack it back and replaster but as plaster not blown don't know whether I'm just making more work for myself ?

The only other possible cause is my neighbour has huge trees at front of house which leave damp and mildew on our window sills but then again there is no fault in exterior brick work no leaking gutters

What would you do clean down and treat with anti fungal or hack it back and re plaster.

Sponsored Links
Providing there is no ingress of moisture either wash with a mild solution of bleach or an anti fungicidal wash, any of these will kill off the spores.

Dec

If you go the with the bleach when dry just wipe off with a damp rag, some off the washes can when dry be left on to act as a preventative measure.

Dec

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back