mould on sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tiled a bathroom about a year ago and used a sanitary silicon sealant around the edges of the showerbath.There are some black patches of mould on some of the sealant around the shower end,I wondered if there is a better (brand of) sealant which is more resistant to this happening and also any way of avoiding this,the bathroom does appear to have quite a bit of moisture in it.
I tiled a second bathroom in the same house and the sealant in that bathroom is still as good as when applied :confused: Im assuming the mould is not helped by the bathroom being used by their son who never wipes anything down after use,I am going to remove the affected sealant and replace.

Sponsored Links
I have used the unibond one with good results, but if its never cleaned down once its stained thats it IMO, strip it out and do it again. But i am only a DIY'er/landlord :) so i may be way off. If the room is moist this is not helping either so is there any way to extract the moisture?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back