Mould problem in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if someone could give me a bit of advice about a mould problem I have in the bedroom.

I live in a 2 storey end of terrace house, which was built in the late 1960's, it has cavity walls and efficient double glazing. It's generally in very good condition and I haven't seen any issues with the roof, or guttering.

Mould appears in the winter months in the front corner of the house. There's a strip of it about a foot long on the ceiling and some by the corner of the window, on the plastic frame and the wall cavity.

I think it's a condensation problem, the windows get steamed up a lot in the winter. But I wonder could blocked guttering be causing it, or maybe a leaky roof?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Sponsored Links
It's wise to check all possibilties, keep the gutters clean and also check any downpipe in the area as they can split which is not always evident.

Sponsored Links
Get up in the loft and check the insulation. It needs to be in contact with the ceiling to stop cold air getting to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back