Mountfield R28M ride on mower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my mountfield cutter won’t engage, lever goes forward but doesn’t engage ‍♀️

Sponsored Links
Have checked and all appear to be fine. Have found a lot of very tough grass wrapped around the blade spindle which we have removed, but hasn’t fixed the problem

Does the engage lever actually move a jockey pulley on the cutter deck?
It’s a fairly crude system if I recall.....the belt normally is quite loose until you engage the cutting lever and this pulls the belt drive tight to start things spinning.
If you can give us some pics this would help!
I don’t think this machine has an electric blade clutch but I may be wrong.
John

Sponsored Links
It definitely moves something underneath forward when I push the lever forward
I’ll take some pics tomorrow thanks for helping

No worries, when you are checking things, if the pulley has a V groove, the V of the drive belt sits in this groove.
If a pulley has a flat profile, the belt runs on the flat side....not the V.
John

IMG_3662.png
I couldn’t see the pulleys. Not sure if this helps

Where you need to be is under the foot area, on the top side of the cutter deck itself......below the welly boot, if you like!
Drop the deck to its lowest setting and you should see something - although there may be a plastic cover in the way.
John

Thanks John, but I think whatever is wrong is beyond our capabilities so I have called in someone to have a look. I really appreciate all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back