Move gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My gas meter is located in an under stairs cupboard. However the main pipe from the meter comes out at the top of the cupboard and protrudes over the architrave going into my kitchen. It looks awful and as I am now renovating my hall stairs and landing I want it moved. Is this something that a Corgi gas fitter can do or does it need to be done by Transco. I looked on their website but it is not specific. The meter is fine it is just the pipe coming from it.
Any help appreciated and any idea of costs involved.

Sponsored Links
If it's the pipe feeding you gas from the meter - it's your pipe and a Gas Safe Engineer can do it (used to be Corgi)

Yes everything from the mains to the meter is the Gas Company, everything beyond the meter is Corgi man.

If the pipe to be moved is in copper then its a fairly easy job and might cost about £100-£200.

If its in steel then it would be usual to refit in copper. That should not really be much different but I would usually quote a bit more because some complications can arise.

There should also be an earthing connection within 600 mm of the meter outlet.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks for your replies. I think the pipe is steel as it looks quite thick. I will get some quotes from gas safe / corgi engineers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back