Moving a Bedroom wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We really want to move a wall in our bedroom to take some room from bedroom next to it.

I think the wall is supporting as it continues down stairs.

This is the way it is at the moment

house1.png

We want to move it like so

house2.png

We really want it to go from floor to ceiling whats the best method to achive this? Lintel Strengthen joists??

We have already priced up a stud wall in the other room.

thanks

-Tom

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
is it the upstairs room & what is it supporting above it?

I have senthis done on telly & they needed a big RSJ.

If the wall is supporting, then it either needs the ceiling joists supported off a beam below them in the bedroom, or hung off a beam above them in the loft

The new partition wall will have to be on a joist, or on noggins between two joists

Moving bedroom is not an option as we have a lovely view from the back :)

Its upstairs so nothing above except ceiling and roof :)

Well i assumed that it was supporting, i guess i'm not 100% sure?

As i said there is no other wall above it, just ceiling and then roof :(

Sorry for the late reply guys, im greaful for all your replies :)

We have a Fink (W) Truss roof.

So i need to bridge between point A and B (Sorry my pictures are shocking but im no artist :) )

house3.png

Point of view looking from the back of the house

house4.png

I was thinking something like this with Joist hangers to hold the weight of the joists and anything sat on them? Possible?

house5.png

Thanks for all your help :)

If you fink you have a truss roof, then the ceiling joists are part of the truss and are not supported by that wall. In which case the wall can be removed with no support required

If you fink you have a truss roof, then the ceiling joists are part of the truss and are not supported by that wall. In which case the wall can be removed with no support required

Thats the best news i've had all week, i'll triple check tonight but im 99% sure its a (Fink W) Truss Roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back