Moving a boiler from one side of kitchen to other

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Im thinking of having a conservatory on the back of my dining room, the flue from the boiler in the kitchen would get in the way. How much time/hassle/money would be involved in getting the boiler moved to the other side of the kitchen or is there an easier way ?
Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
hi.. i think you'll actually need to fit a new boiler as i beleive new regs prevent boiler locations being changed.

good thing you're planning now though as i cut one off last week that had the conservatory put up first with the boiler left in situ :eek:

to be fair , the builder did leave the fanlights open :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Its a Glowworm Micron 60FF, 6 years old old and always been reliable so id rather not change it. Can the flue be extendeed in a differnet place ie 1m horizontally from where it is now, how far from window openings/ walls would it need toe be ?

thanks, i'll try and post some pics 2morrow when its light ![/img]

Thanks thats cleared things up a bit, might be able to get away with extending the flue then, 300mm above an opening doesnt sound very much though ?

Someone just asked this - do a search on Micron Flue - unless it was you on a different forum...? Not ALL the flue parts are still available . There's nothing stopping you (other than any parts you need) moving a non condensing(or any other) boiler.
You have to Register the installation (of the of the boiler in the new position) but there's provision on the form for exactly this situation.

Not me on any other forum, been trying to upload pics (new to this forum lark)
2004_0515jan20070012.jpg

2004_0515jan20070011.jpg

let me know if the pics work.........

i think youre gonna have to move it... however saw someone last night stating that there a regs i place to allow moving rather than replacing :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back