moving a fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Am in the process of moving to a 3 bed semi that is in need of some/full rewiring (Which I will be getting quotes for soon). As part of this I want to get the fuse box moved ...... Will this need to be done by my local electricity board or can a qualified electrician do this??

If it is the local electricity board how do I get in touch with them - have looked on their website and can find little about it. For reference I live in Stockport.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Your electrician will be able to reposition the CU, within reason (there are limits to the length of meter tails). If there isn't one already there, get your supplier to fit an isolation switch (when you track them down) - it'll make your electricians job easier.

ban-all-sheds said:
Your electrician will be able to reposition the CU, within reason (there are limits to the length of meter tails). If there isn't one already there, get your supplier to fit an isolation switch (when you track them down) - it'll make your electricians job easier.

Once the Cables leave the meter, they become the consumers responsibility.

Between the Incomer Head and the meter they may be willing to fit an isolator as this is their responsibility, however, they may make you pay for this as presently there is no legal requirement to fit one.

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
Between the Incomer Head and the meter they may be willing to fit an isolator as this is their responsibility, however, they may make you pay for this as presently there is no legal requirement to fit one.

Quite a lot of suppliers seem to do it for free, but there is no guarantee.

Hi

I live & work in Stockport.

To get hold of powergen/ TXU/ Norweb/Whatever... ring 0800 195 0101.

Tell them you what you want to do and you should be able to speak to an engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back