Moving a radiator - plastic tubing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told that you can get felexible plastic tubing suitable for heating systems. However my local B&Q does not do it, despite the fact that their website "How To" also tells you to use it!

The system in my house is based on 8mm mocrobore copper piping and I am moving a radiator. Although compression connectors seem ok, I would prefer to just use a plastic pipe as this will also be more flexible than a rigid copper pipe.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
10 mm from any plumbers merchants

One last question - can I get connectors which will reduce the 10mm pipe to the 8mm microbore?

7403.gif

yes

Mitch,

Why don't you stick with 8mm copper? It's not rigid, but very easy to bend, even with something as cheap and simple as an external bending spring. Being smaller, its fits more discretely clipped to skirting boards, etc.

ANd it goes to tighter radius than plastic and stays where you damn well put it, unlike plastic!

And if you are careful you can bend it pretty well by hand too.

My engineer could not do some 15 mm pipework last week "because he had forgotten his bender"

I took the tube and bent it with my right "bender". Pity about the leaks but he has to learn the hard way. His text said the client seemed "OK", hope he will pay now!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back