Moving a radiator

It's a different type of push fit than say JG or HEP that are easily demountable. Used to fit lots of myson bits, it's what we were supplied with.

Just push it in all the way and pull back on it to ensure it grabs properly and it should stay there quite happily. A wee trick, wet the end of the pipe and the insert before pushing into the fitting, I use a bit of spit ( I know I know:sick:) but it gives it that little bit of lubrication to get the insert and pipe past the o ring inside without too much effort.

Sponsored Links
They give you the insertion depth in the instructions, so measure 23mm, Mark it, fit it and check it (y)

A little follow-up question, if I may!

It has been mentioned that the following fittings are reusable:
upload_2021-11-13_20-13-2.png

With the system drained, could I just push-in the white collar and pull out the hose, without cutting it off?

Sponsored Links
You get 2 types of 10mm push fit stems

th
th

The ones you linked to, in the post with the pegler instructions were the former that need to be cut off, the first pic of your rad valve was the latter type that are demountable.

I am so sorry to keep coming up with more questions! The Mrs has raised the stakes by suggesting that we hide some of the pipes into the wall. I have a very rough sketch of this:
upload_2021-11-15_20-52-39.png

One question that I have is: how bad would it be if the 15 mm flexible polybutylene hoses form a bit of an arch within the wall (area circled in yellow)?
I think they will need to go up a little bit, to then come down from the radiator faceplate. Would it create any problems for the water flow?

Thank you for your ongoing support!

:LOL: Funny though, just shows you how good some installers can be, that pipe guide is on back to front, they would usually recess into the wall with the seals at the top, not sit proud of the wall :LOL:

th
If it is a Manthorpe GRS-FF, which it looks like it is, then it is meant to fitted on the surface - here are the instructions.

I am so sorry to keep coming up with more questions!

Don't be - that's what forums are for!

RookieTony said:
One question that I have is: how bad would it be if the 15 mm flexible polybutylene hoses form a bit of an arch within the wall (area circled in yellow)? I think they will need to go up a little bit, to then come down from the radiator faceplate. Would it create any problems for the water flow?

Are you extending in 15mm, or sticking to the 10mm as per the current pipes? 15mm would likely require cold-formed bends to help it bend without deformation in what looks like limited space, but 10mm is far more flexible.

Are you extending in 15mm, or sticking to the 10mm as per the current pipes? 15mm would likely require cold-formed bends to help it bend without deformation in what looks like limited space, but 10mm is far more flexible.

Thank you for highlighting this! I somehow thought that the smaller ones are 15mm.. nearly added the wrong item to the 'To Buy' list!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back