Moving American-style side-by-side fridge freezers

GRC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for advice for moving my fridge freezer, which is, as the header suggests, a side-by-side American-style unit. Removal of the floor grille at the front reveals that it's resting on the metal chassis, but that there's a couple of wheels as well; it seems to be a case of "raise the freezer, loosen a couple of bolts to let the wheels drop, tighten bolts and the freezer, when lowered, will rest on the wheels rather than the frame, allowing it to roll out easily". I assume there's matching wheels at the rear. However; there's no obvious lifting point other than grabbing it under the two doors at their front edges, or maybe at the lower door hinges at each side..... any suggestions? Wouldja expect that the doors would take the weight?

The appliance was made by White-Westinghouse, I'll post the model number in a later post. It's not a recent model, by any means; looks as though it dates from the 1970s, maybe.

Regards, Graham

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back