Moving Cutout/Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I am aware this isn't really something anyone except the DNO should be undertaking but the quote I had from them was £900........

What I would like to do is to unscrew the complete board and reposition it about two ft further up from where it is. I beleive the cable is split concentic? and from my reading is the least worst with regards to moving it around. There is more than enough slack on the cable to move the board into the position I require.

Obviously I shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff and if the costs were actually reasonable then I wouldn't be even thinking about it. Thoughts? will I die?

108000_107902_83538_92961473_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Firstly I am aware this isn't really something anyone except the DNO should be undertaking but the quote I had from them was £900........

What cost your life ?

I beleive the cable is split concentic? and from my reading is the least worst with regards to moving it around.
Wrong. because the Neutral completely surrounds the Live it requires much more care to keep them apart.

Obviously I shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff
Then don't do it.
Thoughts? will I die?
Yes everyone dies, Some just bring the day sooner by doing hazardous and dangerous things......

Firstly I am aware this isn't really something anyone except the DNO should be undertaking but ....
There are no buts. It really isn't anyone except the DNO who should be doing it.

What I would like to do is to unscrew the complete board and reposition it about two ft further up from where it is.
And I'd like to drive a Ferrari with Claudia Schiffer naked in the passenger seat, but you can't always have what you want.

I beleive the cable is split concentic? and from my reading is the least worst with regards to moving it around.
A fact of zero relevance to you.

There is more than enough slack on the cable to move the board into the position I require.
A fact of zero relevance to the people doing the work as they don't do it that way.

Obviously I shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff
Don't do it then.

and if the costs were actually reasonable then I wouldn't be even thinking about it.
If the cost is not what you consider reasonable then the only alternative course of action you should think about is not having it moved.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for your thoughts Bernie, will probably have to just pay the price if the cable is as unstable as you say.

Banal Sheds, kindly **** Off :D

So - what, essentially, did I say which was different to what Bernard said that justifies such a different reaction from you?

Same question to deadshort, who seems to agree with you.

Of course - both of you are free to fail to provide any rational explanation for your views, and thus confirm what kind of people you are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back