Moving radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I usually hang around the electrics forum but thought I would ventre over to here.

My mum has just moved into a new built house. She's hot a Y plan heating system with mains pressure quarter and boiler in the garage. The system has been plumbed with what I think is 10mm plastic pipe (that's a guess)

So the 3 questions I've got are

1 on the boiler there's a sticker saying its filled with fernox inhiberter so when I drain the system won't this be lost? If so should once the radiators are moved I refill the system with new fernox? And ifso how ?

2 I know this is a stab in the dark but how do you release the pipes from the radiator valves? I've used the push fit fittings before but the valves don't seam to have a collar on them which you push in to release I haven't looked closely at them yet so they mite be there and I've not seen them

3 I need to extend the plastic pipes to the new locations so just want to ask are all plastic push fit connections the same and can you use any or do you have to use a certain brand/make the same as the pipe ??

Cheers
Gaz the Sparky

Sponsored Links
1) refill with new inhibitor, this does one sure thing, you know there is inhibitor in the system. you may have a sticker on your boiler but that does not mean its in the pipes. next time you weigh in some cable ,when you go to get paid look up at the shelf above the till where the scrap man sells chemicals for £7 a pot,all minus the sticker
if you have a towel rail undo the bleed point connection or the other one thats blank and pour the new stuff in
2) a picture would help
3) look at whats written on your pipework and try to buy the same pipe and fittings, again a picture would help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back