moving soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a downstairs toilet and have removed it all as it was leaking from the waste pipe and the pan was broke at the bottom. I want to replace it with a modern type closed type toilet, but as you can see from the pics my soil stack is to the side, and quite far forward. I have looked down it and it links to a pipe that runs under the house and in the direction of the main soil stack.
Can it be removed, and the floor channeled out and the stack moved to the rear so we can fit a modern toilet? we also need to plumb the sink waste to it as well?
155000_154495_55601_34904409_thumb.jpg

155000_154495_55602_48689899_thumb.jpg

//www.diynot.com/network/davsas/albums/15000/55601
//www.diynot.com/network/davsas/albums/15000/55602

Sponsored Links
You could swivel the waste elbow 90° to the right and have the toilet back on to the other wall, so the WC footprint is pretty much in the same place.

Could you not turn the connector on there and go into a 135deg bend to get the pipe tight back to the wall? Get a enclosed cistern with back to wall pan, then all you need is a 90deg and pan connector in behind, you will have more room for pipe work if you get an enclosed cistern (one in a cupboard) box in the rest that's still visible.

That junction look suspiciously like a Terrain solvent soil fitting. If it is glued on you'll never move it.

Assuming this is the case, it can be removed, but will be a hell of a lot of work.... If it's a concrete floor then will take some breaking out, also the DPM will need to be replaced around it or you'll have damp problems in the floor....

Is there an outside wall in the pic?

Sponsored Links
That junction look suspiciously like a Terrain solvent soil fitting. If it is glued on you'll never move it.

Assuming this is the case, it can be removed, but will be a hell of a lot of work.... If it's a concrete floor then will take some breaking out, also the DPM will need to be replaced around it or you'll have damp problems in the floor....

Is there an outside wall in the pic?

It is an outside wall, yes. What is your thinking here?

Bensparks, ill measure up that idea. The patch is where there was a concreat block under old pan but new one can go anywhere, so putting it against that outside was and in casing that pipe in the new build is an option.

Firstly, see if you can do anything with that junction. Cap i'm pretty sure is Terrain, if the lot is glued on it wont come apart. :cry: If you can pull it off then look at doing something with what is there.

If you cant it's plan B time. My thinking is rather than dig the floor up which is likely to be a PITA, take the pipe through the wall to outside, fit a stub stack and connect to the drain outside. This will effectively block off the existing run into the house under the floor, and you can then fill the existing drain in the floor with concrete to seal that off. Also maybe gives you slightly more flexability with siting the new pan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back