moving the position of my radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi every1 i need some help plz

im currently fixing my younger brothers room but the radiator is currently in a very bad position and i wish to move it down the wall a bit so that he can use the space to its fulest.

so what i was wondering is how can i do this. can some1 tell me steps to take to complete this task plz.

like wat tools will i need?
wat i should do?

any help will be greatful
thank :)

Sponsored Links
I am sure you will get some help on this site, but if you are starting as a complete novice, you might do well to get a DIY book (out of the library perhaps) which will talk you through it with plenty of illustrations and explain how things work. There are plenty about. No offence meant. If you get stuck, or something is not clear, ask again.

Two usefull tools...

A 'basic understanding' of what you are doing. Plumbers are tradesmen after all.

'Common sense' to tackle any problems you come across.

You will need, basically...

Adjustable spanner (s)
Pipe cutters
Jointing compound
Drill
Level
Screwdrivers
Fixings suitable for the wall
Hose, or freezer kit, or easy drain kit.
Bleed key
PTFE (if new rad)
New pipe and soldering equipment if required
Suitable dust sheets
A type of paper to check for dry joints. (you are a DIY-er after all)

Drain system (or freeze / bung)...remove rad and re-pipe to new position, refill system vent & test.

If you dont understand this, get in a tradsman who does

emm ok, well thanks alot for the info.

im not going to carry on with this project because its above my level. im going to get a professional in to do it.

thanks again

p.s. how much do u fink it will cost to get a professional to do it????

Sponsored Links
London..........£200+ :oops: ..Sussex where I live £100cash+ materials, no vat, no reciept ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back