MOVING THE WASHING MACHINE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day all.

I just bought a townhouse, with a partially finished basement. I am goingto completely finish it, and I want to move the washer and dryer into the finished room, directly below the kitchen. supply lines for hot/cold water are no problem, as I can run them straight down. However, my big issue is how to drain the washer. At it's current location, the washer pumps the water up about 3ft into its standpipe drain. At the new location, the closest and easiest drain pipe to access is actually in the basement ceiling, (it's the kitchen drain). Is there ANY way to tap into that drain at the ceiling level, utlizing some sort of auxiliary pump or otherwise? if not, I'm not sure how I will be able to move the washing machine to the desired location. Any ideas? Thanks. B

Sponsored Links
Yes its perfectly possible but being in the UK can't advise on regulations, equipment available etc. It sounds like a perfect opportunity to break the ice with your neighbours and get to know them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back