Moving toilet 2 feet to the left?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Longtime lurker but first-time poster. As the title says, I'm looking to move a toilet just over 2 feet to the left. Basically want to move the toilet to where the basin was and vice versa. Will this be possible with two 92.5° bends or maybe two 90°s? Obviously the 92.5s will be the better option. I'd also add a fall to the extended pipe otherwise the waste won't go anywhere!

Would like to use these:

92.5.jpg

Current layout:

Toilet.jpg

(outlet is above the floor)

Crude mock-up of how I'd like it to be (obviously boxed in after):

Pipe.jpg

Fall.jpg

Fall1.jpg

Stack.jpg

So will this work or should I just leave it as is and save myself the hassle in case it ends up getting blocked?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It will work, but can you not core out a second hole in wall to connect to stack externally? Or is this not possible to due to location of stack?

Hi mate, the stack is all cast iron hence why I don't want to mess with it. Would prefer this as it's cheaper and easier but if there's a chance of blockage then I'll leave as is and fit the new suite in the existing location(s).

I'll post a photo of the external side tomorrow.

It shouldn't be a problem so long as you create the 'fall' but check that when it's boxed in, your pedestal will move back far enough to fit under the basin.

That's if you will have a pedestal of course. A vanity unit set would solve the problem and hide all the pipe work

Sponsored Links
It might be worth using at least one access bend if they're allowed inside, perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could confirm?

Don't use an access bend inside - why would you open a blocked pipe full of sh*t inside the bathroom!?

OP - I can't see that you're going to be able to create a fall unless the stack connection is significantly lower than the pan spigot you're planning to connect to it.

a 44mm thick plinth from oak worktop or 6x2 glued 2 widths and cut about 20mm bigger all the way round and sealed

Geberit Wall frame and wall hung bog. make a nice box out and hide all the pipe work in there. Can get a vanity sink from Ikea if needs be.
20140807_205610_Orchard Way.jpg
20140809_151310_Orchard Way.jpg
20140811_163242 (1).jpg
20140816_125422_Applecroft.jpg

They do now.... which is the bloody problem with the shaver socket (took a year to get round to doing it :LOL:). The line he drew was based on the old ledge. Not sure how it should have been dealt with really as time was against him - so no chance of moving the socket up.

Hey ho. It all works and looks good.

Back to the OP...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back