Moving toilet and waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the process of moving the downstairs toilet which is at present about 3 mts from the outer plastic soil stack. The 110 mm pipe runs along the side of the wall and I would like to continue this pipe another 1 metre along the same wall then turn 90 degrees right and run for another 1 metre. This would give a total 110mm pipe run of about 5 mts with one right angle in the pipe and one right angle from the pan into the pipe. (If that makes sense)
1------ Is this a possible move ? and what is the minimum length to drop ratio I can get away with when a right angle comes into the equation.

2------- The sink waste also goes into the same 110 mm soil pipe, is there any particular type of trap I should get for the sink?

Sponsored Links
Soil pipe branch can be up to 6 metres. Fall must be minimum of 9mm per metre. Nearer 25mm per metre is better, if possible.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for that info.

Looking at the situation again I may not have the drop needed so have had to rethink.

If I move the toilet to the oposite wall this would shorten the soil branch length which could fit into the original soil pipe. This would sort the drop problem, but I also need to link in the waste for the bath and sink. Is there a fitting of some kind that will enable me to do this? ie Could I use a t/piece or something rather than a right angle bend and then strap on two bosses to take the bath and sink waste or is there even an end cap that I could fit that has a reducer to insert the smaller pipes? Any help thanks.

Yes, but I can't imagine they would be low enough for your bath waste. Chrck the range of bits available at bes.co.uk

I also need to link in the waste for the bath and sink.
As I understand this, you're proposing to connect the bath and basin wastes into the soil branch. It's often done, but it isn't considered good practice (doesn't conform to building regs?). Better to connect each waste pipe independently into vertical soil stack.

Thanks for that info. The bath is being raised onto a stepped platform. Will check out Bes website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back