Toilet waste bends

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can anyone advise me. We are moving our toilet from one wall to another in the same corner. At present the waste goes straight out of the back of the wc through the wall to the soil stack pipe. When we move it it will obviously have to have some bends (one after another) in it to reach the soil pipe. How many right angle bends can we have for it to work properly? Just making sure, Thanks for any help. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Not many is the answer to that one. the waste has to be disposed of under gravity. If the turds lose too much velocity you'll need a plunger to hand on a regualr basis.

Can you post a picture/diagram of the proposed layout?

Sorry can't put a picture in. The best way I can describe it is, if you were sitting on the loo, the pipe exiting the wall to the stack pipe would be to your right. Level with the toilet seat. So it would come out the back and do a sort "S". Sorry its the best description I can do. :oops:

Thanks

Suziq[/url]

What about making a diagram up in Microsoft Paint and posting that?

From your description I would say you can not do what you are proposing.

Sponsored Links
I have done a diagram, just can't figure out how to put it on here!!!

Well I think I've done, fingers crossed. The pictures not that great though.
bog.jpg
[/img]

You may be asking for trouble as it has potential for blockages.

If there is no other way, ensure you have rodding points to clear pipes. :(

Thanks for your help.

We've changed our plans doing away with the bends. I have enough of dealing with s**t at work, not doing it at home too!!

Thanks again.

suziq

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back