Moving w/c waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am about to fit a concealed cistern in our downstairs cloakroom.
As we need to make the most of what is a pretty small room we have purchased a compact unit that only requires 8cm clearance.
The w/c in this room has a waste which goes down in to the concrete floor and off to one side to join up with the main waste pipe which is in a cavity in the wall next to the cloakroom.

to optimise the use of the compact cistern the waste pipe will need to move back about 4 inches in to the wall cavity. To do so I will need to chisel the concrete floor up and slightly amend the direction of the waste pipe. I appreciate to most this is a big job for a small gain but I just wanted to check that there isn't any reason why I should proceed with this job that I haven't thought of apart from the overall effort!
All hot and cold water supplies come from above and from what I can see the radiator pipe are in the wall cavities.

The house is 14 years old

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
20160906_185159_resized.jpg
20160906_185135_resized.jpg
20160906_184952_resized.jpg

Pipe goes off to the right, pipe drops about 25cm before it goes horizontal

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back