Moving water main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my kitchen has been moved to another room, i want to move the water main from the old kitchen to my new "utility room" which will involve digging up my drive etc. Is there anything i should be looking into before doing this? Im ready for a bit of graft with a spade!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the main is anything other than plastic or soft copper ,I`d dig it out and renew

make sure the road or footpath stop cock is serviceable, so that you can isolate the supply.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the pipe is only serving one property before you divert it, sometimes it will tee off for up to 3 of 4 properties.

Thanks for the replies so far, the pipe is a black plastic one. i've got some of that blue pipe and some push fit fittings. The pipe does feed 2 properties so im going to do as much as i can and leave the final joining to last so minimising the time it will need to be turned off!

ipjodan said:
The pipe does feed 2 properties
In your situation I'd take the opportunity to lay two new pipes and thus separate your supplies.

You need to talk to your Water Company about separating the shared supply. A good idea to check their general requirements anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back