Mozaic picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night I fixed a 12 inch by 16 inch mozaic picture to the wall but have a problem with adhesive coming between the stones into where the decorative grout should be.

The mozaic is cut and shaped marble pieces glued to a mesh background. Pressing it onto the adhesive layer on the wall forced some of the adhesive between the mesh and onto the face of some of the very small pieces.

Intial attempts to clean the surfaces resulted in more adhesive coming into the gaps as pressure was applied to the pieces.

Is it best to leave it for 48 hours until the adhesive has set and then chiselling out the adhesive from the grout areas between the pieces ?

And is there a better way to remove dried adhesive ( MultiFix by GranFix ) from the faces of the marble pieces other than by careful use of a sharp blade.

Sponsored Links
Leave it to dry, dampen it with warm water, then chisel the lumps off and sponge/scrub the adhesive off with a sponge or scotchbrite pad - be careful with the scotchbrite pad cause it might mark the tiles.

Sponsored Links
in future thought i think the real answer is to use a 3mm trowel to avoid so mouch adesive oozing everywere, also if you use a product where the grout and the adesive looks the same (i think bal do one)... then you avoid having to worry about picking out the grout in the first place ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back