mp3 player

B

breezer

never had one, know nothing about them other than they play MP3's

question 1.

if i brought one put some music on it, could i plug it into a mixer / amp and tell it to play? and assuming it was plugged in the right socket it would play all tracks?

question 2

how would i plug it into a mixer / amp? (do they have an "output"
said mixer / amp has phono input socket that i know works

question 3

i know i can get a whatever to mp3 converter software, but where is a good place to get mp3 tracks (apart form apple)

sorry for my ignorance but like i said never had one and think i may have a use for one

OR would i be better off saving some mp tracks to a memory stick and plugiing that into a pc which is connected to my mixer amp the use windows media player to play them.

its for ocasional use, back ground music for the barby

Sponsored Links
1) I don't see why it wouldn't work providing the phono socket is for the likes of a CD player
2) Using a lead from the headphone jack plug to the amp
3) If you already have the CDs you can rip them using windows media player as mp3 files
I believe Apple is slightly different, iirc their itunes uses a different format for use with ipods etc (wait for a 2nd opinion!).
There shouldn't be anything stopping you plugging your PC into an amp to playback sounds, windows own noises might get on your nerves a bit whilst the PC is in use.

Sponsored Links
Worth considering getting one with a remote control for your purpose.

I think for the ipod you can get a remote control base, which charges and has a built in FM transmitter. Not sure about the quality though as the ones i've used in the car have varied.

The Ipod is the only one to have really, get the largest classic if you have plenty of music, or the 8GB nano if it's just to listen to whilst out and about.
The docking station is well worth having, get the universal one rather than the nano one if buying a nano, as then if you change the ipod at a later date you can still use it - the docking station lets you plug it into a pc, and also has a line level output for speakers / amp, you then just need a stereo 3.5mm to twin RCA (phono) cable to plug it into this - you can plug the ipod straight in with this cable, but the dock is a better solution.
Use Itunes to put the music on the ipod (you have no choice in this), but manage your music and rip in media player, to get around the DRM.
Check out the apple store online for reconditioned ipods too.

You don't have to use iTunes to manage an iPod, nor do you have to use the AAC format - mp3 works just as well. I use a really good freeware application called media monkey - it'll manage just about any mp3 player.

I use itunes to download music, to rip CDs, to burn CDs, to put music on my iPod, its very versatile software if you know how to use it. And I have a 30GB iPod video. I use an FM transmitter in the car. Got lucky with a decent quality one from argos. I dont own a set of 'phones lol. I have no need for them.

Sponsored Links
Back