Mr Bates and the post office

Read yesterday, the previous PO CEO was ordered by government to delay compo to keep the liabilities off the books before an election. They're still trying to screw everyone involved - and it starts at the top, the govt.

Sponsored Links
CEO or Charman? Do you mean Nick Read or Henry Staunton?
Not the only one to get it wrong. Chemi sacked the wrong person, then called him a liar despite his contemporaneous note about being asked to go slow on compensation. Maybe sack Chemi and reinstate Staunton. RIP her leadership ambitions

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I think what I meant to say was what's the chance that anyone at the PO will go down?

Yeah, I think what I meant to say was what's the chance that anyone at the PO will go down?
Apart from maybe a token scapegoat, chances are that there will be a lengthy expensive investigation with 'insufficient evidence' found!

Perhaps there will be a change in the law making it more possible for individuals to be punished when they have behaved badly.

The advisers to the post office appear to have recorded a conversation with their clients, presumably to try to show Vennalls was aware that a third party could access Horizon. So we have trial by media, the public inquiry, and MP's siding with the people. Let's hope it doesn't all come to nothing.

The advisers to the post office appear to have recorded a conversation with their clients, presumably to try to show Vennalls was aware that a third party could access Horizon. So we have trial by media, the public inquiry, and MP's siding with the people. Let's hope it doesn't all come to nothing.
I wish I was surprised.

Sponsored Links
Back