multifuel stove temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, we have an new multifuel stove system its an Esse 350GS connected to 8 radiators, one of those is a heat leak radiator.

we have a Honeywell L641B Pipe Thermostat set at 80c and and another honeywell pipe thermostat set at 40c

the problem we seem to be having is that the only way to get the radiators heated up is by turning the 80c pipe stat down to about 70c and this kicks the circulating pump for a few mins and then the rads are nice and warm, so i have found that leaving it on 70c seems to be working better than having it at the recommended 80 - 90c
as when it is set as high as this the pump never comes on so the radiators dont get warm,
and when it is on 70c the pump kicks in everynow and again, gives the rads some heat, and turns back off again.

so just wanted to ask you knowlegable people if i am doing something wrong, or what i have done is all okay ?

Sponsored Links
Does the heating fire up at all when the boiler temperature gets hotter than 40c? ....The 80c stat is a safety to cool the boiler if it gets too hot..

all the pipes get super hot, but the rads do not, and the pump does not circulate the heat not until i have turned the 80c stat down

(the only rad that does get superhot is the heatleak one)

The wiring is wrong... The 40c stat should run the pump and open the zone valve (If fitted) to send water to the radiators.

Sponsored Links
ah i see okay thankyou for that, how annoying :\ i will have to get the plumber that installed it back in to check it

Just out of curiosity, is there a timer fitted and if so is it working properly?

there is a timer, but i have it left permanently on as opposed to coming on at set times, perhaps it might be worth programming it in instead to see if that makes a difference ?

It sounds like a basic wiring fault to me if the timber is constantly calling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back